CofC Logo

Study Abroad

You may want to consider completing some of your Elective, General Education, or Psychology coursework through a study abroad program.  Over the years many of our Psychology majors have taken courses in different countries (e.g., England, India, Germany, Australia) and have found the experience to be personally and intellectually stimulating.  If studying abroad sounds interesting to you, begin planning early in your College career with your advisor and the staff at the Center for International Education.

Remember, regardless of whether you plan to study abroad with a College exchange program or an independent program at another school, you must first obtain pre-approval for the courses that you want to take. Provide the relevant department chair / associate chair with catalog descriptions of the courses you would like to transfer to the College. This will allow the chair to determine whether the courses are equivalent to ones at the College. You will also need to obtain and complete the Coursework Elsewhere Form from the Forms page maintained by the Registrar's Office.

If you wish to study abroad during your senior year, realize that there are important limitations and rules that you need to be aware of.  For example, under certain circumstances you can petition to have 7 of your last 37 hours taken elsewhere (see the Coursework Elsewhere during Senior Year Petition on the Forms page maintained by the Registrar's Office).